Lexus “A World of Possible” Musical Improvement Grant
Premise: School theatre programs provide a home where students can feel accepted, valued, and part of something larger than themselves. Given that the creative process of mounting a full scale musical is daunting, this program will endeavor to identify and support the improvement of fledgling musical theater programs in middle and high schools in Massachusetts. The Lexus World of Possible Improvement Grant is part of their pledge to better children’s lives—allowing them to pursue their dreams.
Purpose: To search out and support promising, but struggling Massachusetts school musical theater programs that share the passion and enthusiasm of mounting a musical, but need financial backing to begin the process of improving both the technical and performance quality of their annual shows. This program should also ensure improvement to give these students the chance to be recognized for their achievements in theatre arts as part of the MET Awards Program.
Who is eligible to apply: All members of the Massachusetts Educational Theater Guild who currently produce at least one musical production per year.
Amount of Award: Lexus Corporation has promised $5000 per year to award to one or two schools to improve their programs.
- Applicants will submit an application by February 1st
- Applicants will submit a letter of support from the school’s administration stating the programs strengths and weaknesses by February 1st
- The MET Grant Committee will review the applications and schedule an on-site visit hopefully during a production rehearsal or performance to determine the scope of the school’s existing theater program.
- The MET Grant Committee will choose finalists for the grant award that will be presented to LEXUS for the final approval.
- Winners will be notified in late May with the award presentation at the MET awards in June.
To learn full details and application materials, click on the links below. For more details, email the METG Coordinator at METG@metg.org.