Scene Partner Contest
Attention undergraduate actors! The METG is offering a new contest to let you demonstrate your talent with a partner in an acting scene. Students in grades 9–11 are eligible to enter the contest provided their school is a member of the METG. Each school is permitted to submit a maximum of four scenes to the competition. The rules are simple.
- The emphasis during the scenes is on presentation and performance.
- Acting partners must perform one scene, not to exceed three minutes. The timer will call time if the three-minute limit for the scene is exceeded.
- Before their scene, the partners will be allowed to set the stage; two straight-backed chairs and one small table will be provided. No additional set pieces, special lighting, or sound will be permitted.
- A maximum of two hand props are permitted, and must be provided by the actors.
- Costumes are not permitted. Applicants should wear simple clothing that allows for ease of movement.
- Judges may interview actors; however, due to time constraints, judges will not give oral or written critiques.
For more information and entry forms, click on Scene Partner Contest Information and Application 2017
Performance schedule is available at THIS LINK