Scene Partner Contest
Attention undergraduate actors! The METG is offering a new contest to let you demonstrate your talent with a partner in an acting scene. Students in grades 9–11 are eligible to enter the contest provided their school is a member of the METG. Each school is permitted to submit a maximum of four scenes to the competition. The rules are simple.
- The emphasis during the scenes is on presentation and performance.
- Acting partners must perform one scene, not to exceed three minutes. The timer will call time if the three-minute limit for the scene is exceeded.
- Before their scene, the partners will be allowed to set the stage; two straight-backed chairs and one small table will be provided. No additional set pieces, special lighting, or sound will be permitted.
- A maximum of two hand props are permitted, and must be provided by the actors.
- Costumes are not permitted. Applicants should wear simple clothing that allows for ease of movement.
- Judges may interview actors; however, due to time constraints, judges will not give oral or written critiques.
For more information and entry forms, click on
Performance schedule is available at THIS LINK (TBA)