Attention, aspiring playwrights! If you have a story to tell, the METG invites you to submit a one-act play to the Sherwood Collins Playwriting Contest. Since its inception in 1983, the playwriting contest has generated 675 student-written plays
Any Massachusetts secondary school student in grades 9–12 is eligible to enter the contest. The rules are simple.
- The script must be original, typed in 12-point Courier font with pages numbered, and double spaced between characters’ dialogues. Each playwright must EMAIL ONE COPY.
- A script may not exceed forty minutes (approximately one minute per page, or forty pages).
- The script must be written for stage presentation. Musicals, screen plays, teleplays, or adaptations of another author’s work will not be accepted.
- A student may not submit more than one entry.
- Students may collaborate on a single script.
For full details, click on Playwriting Contest Information
For application, click on Playwriting Contest Application
For reader’s rubric, click on THIS LINK