Makeup/Hair Design Contest
Calling all student hair and makeup designers! The METG invites any Massachusetts student to submit a series of original designs for this year’s contest. Any Massachusetts student in grades 9-12 is eligible for the design contest. The rules are simple:
- The applicant’s design concept must be original and its rendering must be exclusively his or her own work.
- Designs are to be illustrated on 11″ x 17″ paper in color using the medium of your choice.
- Submit a hair and makeup design for each of (4) four separate characters that appear in one scene/act of a play of your choice. Designs may have a clear overlay to show changes.
- Designs should include photos of models as examples of the makeup/hair design.
- Designer should be able to explain why he/she chose the design and color palette for the particular character.
Information letter: Hair and Make-up Design Letter 2017
Application: Makeup Design Information and Application 2017
Rubric: Hair and Make-up Design Rubric
CONTEST SCHEDULE: CLICK HERE