Calling all student costumers! The METG invites any Massachusetts student to submit a series of original costume designs for this year’s contest.
Any Massachusetts student in grades 9-12 is eligible for the design contest.
The rules are simple:
- The applicant’s design concept must be original and its rendering must be exclusively his or her own work.
- Designs are to be illustrated on 11″ x 17″ paper in color using the medium of your choice.
- Submit on costume design for each of (4) four separate characters that appear in one scene/act of a play of your choice. Designs may have a clear overlay to show coat or outerwear.
- Designs should have actual swatches of fabric to be used in making the costume.
- Designer should be able to explain why he/she chose the design and color for the particular scene.
Costume Design Contest letter and Rubric: Costume Design Letter and Rubric 2017
Contest Information and Application:Costume Design Information and Application 2017
Costume Design SCHEDULE: CLICK HERE