Middle School Student Workshop Day
Date: Saturday, Nov. 4, 2017
Time: 10:00-2:00 (check in begins at 9:15)
Place: Cameron Middle School, 215 Elm Street, Framingham, MA
- Your students will get to participate in four workshops geared towards educating the young theater enthusiast and making connections between middle school theatre students from different communities.
- Workshop offerings will be led by both Middle School Council Members and theater professionals.
- This year, we are very happy to share that ALL students will attend workshops that will complement our newCONTEST programs (to be held in January) in Acting (monologues) and Technical Theatre (Costume Design). We are very excited to have this opportunity for all workshop students to both prepare for the contest day AND discover a new aspect of theatre arts!
- All students will participate in an Improvisation Technique class geared toward students interested in all aspects of theatre and at all levels. Improvisation helps students think and respond quickly on their feet and have fun in the process.
- We are currently making plans for a “Meet the Artist” session at Workshop Day with a Broadway performer/METG alum!
- Students will be grouped with students from different schools in the community building spirit of the day. Through this system, the participants will have the opportunity to collaborate and work with other drama students beyond their circle of peers from their home school, though every effort will be made to keep at least two students from a school in a workshop group.
- PLEASE NOTE – there can be absolutely no guarantees about being grouped with specific people. In addition, attendance will be taken at the beginning of each session as to ensure proper numbers per workshop for safety and accountability. Thank you for your understanding.
- Preregistration is required; fees must be paid in advance and are non-refundable. The workshop fee for Guild members is $10.00 per student; the non-member rate is $15.00 per student. Walk-in registrations will not be accepted.
- Lunch is not provided; students will need to bring their own lunch.
- Refreshments will be available for purchase.
Please register your school (no exact numbers needed for this step) athttp://tinyurl.com/metgmsstudentworkshop2017 as soon as possible.
You will then receive a different link to enter your students’ names as soon as they sign up with you. Student names MUST be submitted through that link by October 20th.
All students must be registered through FamilyID.com for this specific event – if they are already in the FamilyID.com database, it will be very easy for families to attach their children’s information to the workshop event – we will provide a link for you to share with them.